Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monsoon Begins in Kerala and it Rains in Minneapolis

Every year, unfailingly , the monsoon reaches Kerala on the 1st of June. It never ceases to amaze me how rain can metamorphosis the very landscape of a dry parched hot landscape. The smell of fresh wet mud is intoxicating. The earth adorns herself in bright greens after throwing away the drab browns. As I was getting lost in the dreams of a green , wet Kerala monsoon, I glanced out of my office and found that it was raining heavily here too..in Minneapolis.In fact hail stones were falling down and melting into rain water forming puddles in the concrete sidewalks.Thunder rumbled and and lightening flashed. I was delighted. suddenly it did not matter that I did not have an umbrella and would probably get wet on the way home. Rain had made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment